Estimating Software for Builders and Contractors!
Successful builders and contractors are moving away from using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word and investing in database estimating software products that estimate jobs and create proposals/specifications at the same time.
They’re discovering their clients aren’t wanting to wait days, weeks or even months to get a proposal. They’re expecting it in minutes or hours. They’re looking for estimating software where they can get back to their clients 3-5 times faster with a more accurate and professional looking proposal.
Most builders and contractors are also looking for their estimating system to be used as a production tool so what was estimated and proposed to the client can be communicated to everyone involved on the job including: vendors, project managers, bookkeepers/ accountants, etc.
Successful builders and contractors are turning to Contractors Software Group’s (CSG’s) estimating software products to solve the above.
Successful Builders and Contractors are expecting the following from their estimating system:
- To Create Professional looking proposals – To incorporate scope of work into the estimating process so as they’re building their estimate, they’re building their scope of work or vice versa.
- Estimating as a Production tool – They want to create material lists, budgets, purchase orders, subcontracts and work orders from the estimate in seconds.
- Using Assemblies to Speed up the estimating of ordering Quantities – Assemblies allows the user the ability to enter one takeoff unit of measure and estimate the order quantities of multiple items. Examples: Wall types, Roof systems, etc.
- Use Bid Sheet Templates for more Accuracy – Bid sheet templates are a check list of items and assemblies along with associated specifications/scope to be used to estimate new jobs for more accuracy. Examples: Custom Home template, Kitchen Remodel, Bathroom Remodel, Landscaping, Roofing, Siding, Standard Floor Plans, options, etc.
- Electronic Pricing Updating – They’re expecting their estimating cost database to be updated electronically from vendor’s Excel or .csv files so they’re estimating with real costs and not averages or fictional numbers.
- Estimate, Generate and Track Change orders – They want their estimating software to estimate, track and generate client change orders along with the creation of the associated material list, budgets, purchase orders and subcontracts associated with those change orders.
- Estimating and Job Cost Accounting Integration – They’re expecting their estimating system to integrate to their job cost accounting system so they don’t have to re-enter the original contract and change order information into their job cost accounting system so they can generate actual versus revised budgeted cost and more accurate work-in-process reports.
- Scheduling Integration – They want their estimating system to integrate with their scheduling to setup tasks along with the vendors assigned to those tasks.
- CRM Integration – They want their CRM software to talk to their estimating software to reduce or eliminate the need to re-enter the same information multiple times
- Builder/Client/Vendor Portal Integration – They’re wanting their estimating & PO/SC/WO creation system to integrate to their Builder/Client/Vendor portal so their vendors and project managers are able to view released purchase orders, subcontracts and work orders on a job remotely with any mobile device.
Contractors Software Group’s estimating software product does the above plus much more! For more information about which of the three series of CSG’s estimating products are best for you go to: