What is the difference between Digital Takeoff versus Takeoff Estimating Software?
Digital Takeoff – is the taking off of quantities and footages from a digital blueprint.
Takeoff Estimating Software – Does the following:
- Allows for the entering Takeoff amounts
- Allows for the adding of additional cost items not on the blueprint
- Converts the takeoff amounts to the ordering quantities of materials, labor, subcontract, equipment and other costs.
- Multiplies those ordering quantities by the actual cost
- Adds overhead and profit to come up with a retail price
Takeoff Estimating Systems from Contractors Software Group takes integration to another level
- Integrates Digital Takeoff so there is no re-entry of information
- Creates detailed and summarized estimates
- Generates budgets, purchase orders, subcontracts, work orders and request for quotes (RFQ’s) from the estimate in seconds
- Creates specifications, proposals and or agreements for the client to sign
- Estimates, tracks and generates client change orders along with the budgets, purchase orders, subcontracts and work orders associated with those changes.
- Updated vendor pricing
- CRM, Scheduling and Job Cost Accounting Integration
- Web Portal integration
When you integrate the digital takeoff and Contractors Software Group takeoff estimating products together it expedites the estimating process so you can get back faster with a more accurate and professional looking proposal for the client agreement to sign. Since the estimates are more accurate you can use your takeoff estimating system as a production tool so what was sold to the client can be easily communicated to your vendors and employees via documentation.