Are you losing sales because you can’t get back to clients with an estimate?
How can I estimate Faster?
In today’s McDonald’s world of getting a big mac, fries and a coke in minutes, builders and contractors are discovering that their clients are wanting an estimate sooner rather than later. Many builders and contractors are losing jobs because they can’t get back to their clients faster enough with a professional and accurate proposal.
The longer it takes to generate an estimate/proposal the larger the chance you’ll lose the sale.
Is Allowing Suppliers to Estimate Materials an Option?
Yes, but waiting weeks for an estimate doesn’t really help builders or contractors get back to their clients quickly.
Is Using a Vendor’s Web Site to Lookup Material pricing Helpful?
Sure, but it mainly helps suppliers process orders quickly and helps their smaller retail clients but it doesn’t necessarily help builders and contractors looking to expedite their estimating and proposal writing process. It actually creates more work looking up material costs and then adding them to your estimate.
Is Using Past History to Estimate jobs an Option?
This could create bigger issues. For one, they could lose the job because the past pricing history was too high or worse yet, get the job because the price was too low and lose money on the estimate.
What is the answer?
- Invest in estimating software that expedites the estimating and the creation of proposals.
- Invest in integrated digital Takeoff and estimating software that expedites the creation of materials lists and detailed estimates
- Require your vendors to provide unit pricing for materials and/or services via Excel or .csv file
- Invest in an estimating software that
- Allows the ability to update pricing via Excel or .csv files
- Creates budgets, RFQ’s, purchase orders, work orders and subcontracts from the estimate in seconds.
- Estimates, tracks and generates client change orders along with budgets, purchase orders, subcontracts and work orders associated with those changes
Contractors Software Group develops three series of takeoff estimating products based upon size, needs and budgets. For three decades we’ve been incorporating process and procedures to expedite estimating and proposal writing so you can get back to clients with an accurate and professional looking proposal.
For learn more go to: https://contractorssoftwaregroup.com/takeoff-estimating-software/
You’ll be glad you did.